Upgrade AOL Mail by Accessing it With Windows Live Mail
If you are facing any issue regarding AOL with your internet service provider , you can still use your email account with any internet connection.. This is especially useful if you have been using the account for work or have a number of personal contacts that know you through your older username or address. Like Hotmail and Yahoo, you can now use your American Online email account online from any computer connected to the internet, but you can also add your AOL email to even more convenient desktop programs like Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail.
Getting a Windows Live Account
While Outlook Express is a great desktop option, if you are looking to integrate all your contacts, email accounts and calendars in real time to you PC and cell phone, then Windows Live Mail is the best option. If you don't already have a Windows Live Account then you can get one by visiting the Windows Live Account Setup site .
If you have a Hotmail or Windows Messenger account you already have a login and are ready to setup your other accounts right away.
Setting Up your AOL Email
The process is very simple to add your email address to your windows live account . These are the steps given below:
· Before beginning, however, you will need to make sure that both your AOL and Windows Live accounts are step up and active. If this is your first time using Windows Live email you will be automatically prompted to enter an email, otherwise...
· On the bottom left side of the Windows Live window locate and click the Add Email Account link.
· The Email Account Wizard will start by opening a dialog box.
· Enter your email address in its full format and enter your email password.
· Click the Remember Password check box if you do not want to have to re-enter your password every time, but only do this for personal computers and devices.
· Type in your name as you want it to appear in the "sent from" field of other people's email accounts in the Display Name field. This can be anything you want and does not have to match your AOL user name.
· Ensure the physically Configure Servers Settings for Email Account check box is unchecked.. Windows Live can do this automatically for most online email providers
Click OK. You will receive a confirmation
once the American Online account has been successfully added. This should only
take a moment.
You would now be able to browse your AOL email and all your other email accounts you set up from one simple and helpful program. You can add different records, for example, Yahoo and Gmail, Using the similar steps which is mention above.
For more information on Optimizing your PC, visit : AOL Mail